KOREA CHUNGCHEONGBUK-DO EUMSEONG COUNTY
Welcome to visit Homepage Eumseong County the clean red pepper producing district
- Ancient Times
- Part of Mahan
- Korea’s Three Kingdoms Period
- Called ‘Inghol-hyeon(prefecture)’
- The United Silla Period
- Renamed Eumseong-hyeon(prefecture) during the 16th year of King Gyeongdeok’s reign
- May 26, 1895
- Renamed Eumseong-gun(county) in accordance with Clause No. 98 of a Royal Order
‘Inghol,’ the ancient name of Eumseong, literally means valley (‘Ing’ means water while ‘hol’ means valley or castle).
The old record reads that Eumseong was a great village to live in with abundant water all the year round.
- Are a: 520.5㎢
- Population: 94,978 (36,894 households)
- Administrative district: 114 legal ris(villages), 322 administrative ris(villages), 1,242 bans(house groups)
- Organization: 1 office, 14 departments, county council, 2 direct agencies, 5 affiliated agencies, 9 eups(towns) and myeons(towns)
- Local products: Cheonggyeol Hot Pepper, Daolchan Watermelon, Haetsare Peach, Eumseong Ginseng, etc.
Korea’s best transportation network stretching in all directions
- The Heart of National Territory! A Core District of the Central Region!
- Eumseong’s transportation network, stretching in all directions, includes Jungbu Highway in the northwest, Jungbu Inland Highway in the north, an east-west overpass and a south-north highway, all of which have been a driving force for local economic growth.
- Favorable district with business purposes
- Progressive industrial complex through industry-agriculture cooperation
Vigorous local economy
Thanks to Jungbu Highway and Jungbu Inland Highway, Eumseong is located in an optimal environment for rapid transportation. It has been active in attracting a high-tech industrial (industrial-agricultural) complex.
The best industrial complex with the best investment opportunity! Nearly 1,200 companies have produced a variety of products (metals, non-metals, electrical and electronic goods, chemicals, processed foods, etc.) in the industrial and industrial-agricultural complexes.
Development of a new town in the central region
Based on a close cooperation with public organizations, local businesses and academic research institutions, we are going to build a specialized, future-oriented city equipped with optimal innovation and the best conditions for establishing regional growth.