Gamgok Parish Church
A holy, blessed Catholic pilgrimage site Gamgok Parish Church, which was established in 1896, is the first Catholic Church in Chungcheongbuk-do(the 18th in the nation). The present Gothic style was revealed in 1930s. The 2-story rectory was built in 1934 using granite. This church is a miniature version of Myeongdong Cathedral.
#357-2, Wangjang-ri, Gamgok-myeon, Eumseong-gun (82-43-881-2808)
This Catholic Church has nurtured many Catholic worshippers and priests. In fact, it is a pilgrimage site in which the Eucharistic Congress was first held in Korea. In the Maegoe Museum of this Church are displayed a variety of materials related to Catholicism including the Chungcheongbuk-do Cultural Properties Sacred Heart of Jesus and Sacred Heart of Mary. The history of the Korean Catholic Church can be viewed and understood here.